When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean:
“We/Our/Us/COSSES” – The County of Salop Steam Engine Society Limited. Registered address – Column House, London Road, Shrewsbury, SY2 6NN (Company No. 01654318).
“The Estate” – Onslow Park Estate, Bicton Heath, Shrewsbury, SY3 5EE.
“The Rally” – The Shrewsbury Steam Rally.
“Terms” – The terms and conditions set out in this document.
“Unit” – A standard Unit is a tent, trailer tent, caravan, campervan or motorhome, up to a maximum of 8m x 5m (inclusive of guy ropes) and up to one vehicle.
- Prices do not include any additional services, features and facilities unless expressly stated.
- Our Officials, Stewards, Section Secretaries and their teams are fully empowered in all aspects of site operation and management, and COSSES fully supports them in dealing with matters of policy at their sole discretion when the need arises. In purchasing tickets and camping bookings, you agree that you will at all times comply with the requests of any of Our Officials, Stewards, Section Secretaries and their teams.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time and any such changes will take effect immediately when posted on Our website, on-site, or otherwise brought to your attention.
- Any form of overnight sleeping in cars, vans, caravans or tents on the Public Car Park is strictly not permitted.
- No duplicates can be issued, or any refund made in respect of any lost, forgotten or unused admission tickets.
- We shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the abandonment, cancellation or postponement of the Rally or any such eventuality.
- Please take care when walking in The Estate as the ground may be uneven. All visitors enter at their own risk and are advised to wear suitable footwear.
- Dogs are more than welcome on-site, but in the interest of hygiene and safety they must be kept on leads at all times and any fouling must be collected and suitably disposed of. Please note that if there is an incident on-site involving your dog, then you may be asked to leave the site.
- No Tilley type lamps or smoking is allowed in any of the marquees.
- The following activities, and not necessarily restricted to, are strictly forbidden; Climbing on the trees / BB guns / Crossbows / Catapults / Fireworks / Chinese Lanterns.
- A copy of Our health and safety manual is available for viewing in the Rally Control, adjacent to the Main Arena.
- If you have any health and safety concerns during your visit, please speak with our Safety Officer, who can be contacted via the Rally Control, adjacent to the Main Arena.
- COSSES accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings during your visit.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR CARAVAN AND CAMPING
- Any Unit which exceeds 8m x 5m must be booked directly with the Camping Secretary, to be certain that the Unit can be accommodated.
- A standard pitch measures 8m x 5m, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can fit your vehicle and Unit on the pitch allocated to you. If you decide to bring extras (awnings, pop-up tents, gazebos etc.), then these must also fit within the boundaries of the allocated pitch.
- Pop-up tents (no larger than 2m x 1.5m) are free of charge if only used by up to two children from 9 years to 15 years, and the tent (including guy ropes) must be erected within the boundary of the pitch of the accompanying Unit. Larger tents are charged at full rate and require a separate pitch.
- Wristbands, which will be issued at check-in, must be worn at all times.
- The earliest check-in is 12 noon on the Thursday preceding The Rally, and all pitches must be vacated by 12 noon on the Tuesday immediately following The Rally.
- All campers must check-in at the Camping Secretary’s office on initial arrival and pay any outstanding balance on bookings and any additional fees before pitching.
- Please park caravans as instructed. In accordance with Shropshire Fire and Rescue guidelines, all tents and caravans require at least a 6 metre fire break space and/or aisle space. If you pitch outside the boundaries of your pitch, or your Unit is judged to pose a risk to the safety and comfort of others, you may be asked to move.
- Due to the nature of our site, we ask you to clean up after yourself and leave your pitch as you found it.
- If arriving on site after 10.30pm you will be directed to the late arrivals parking area, until check-in opens the following morning.
- By submitting a Booking Request you agree that you have the authority of all persons in your party to book on their behalf, you accept these Terms and you agree to be responsible for any loss or damage caused by any member of your party and for their behaviour whilst on the site.
PROHIBITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
- Other campers are here to enjoy their weekend stay, therefore all guests must observe these Terms in order to keep a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Any persons found not complying with any of these Terms may be asked to leave the site at any time and without refund.
- To respect the enjoyment of others, we ask that noise levels are kept to a minimum at all times, and especially after 10:30pm. No music is allowed in the camping area after 10.30pm. Also, no driving is allowed on site after 10:30pm.
- Sleeping in cars or vans is not permitted unless the vehicle has side windows and a specially designed internal sleeping accommodation, such as fully reclining seats.
- No structures are permitted to be tied or secured to trees or vegetation. Any structures that are, or are judged to be, causing damage to the site will be taken down or removed. The site team reserve the right to do so without prior consent and wholly at the site teams’ discretion.
- Any wilful damage to the site or any other property of COSSES and/or The Estate may result in you being asked to immediately leave the site. If you are asked to leave under these circumstances, no monies will be refunded.
- The woods and fields adjacent to the camping area are strictly out of bounds.
- In the interest of safety, and to protect the parkland, open fires and fire pits are strictly prohibited. If used with care, BBQs are allowed, providing they are raised off the ground and they must be extinguished by 10.30pm.
CANCELATIONS AND REFUNDS
- No refunds are given for customer cancellations under any circumstances.
- If you leave site early for any reason COSSES will not issue any refund for unused camping nights.
- We reserve the right to cancel any booking and/or refuse entry to the site. If exercising this right, or adverse circumstances result in Us cancelling your booking, a full refund will be made of any fees already paid to Us.